Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 79: Alone


I'm never a rose person. Some would think I'm the type to like roses but I don't. I would prefer daisies and hibiscus. When I saw this, it was the only bloom in the bunch. I just had to capture the beauty of this lone flower.

Though hibiscus is not my all time favorite, it reminds me of my childhood. My childhood friends would get one or two from our neighbor then crush it on a can or glass. Add water and little bit of soap and voila! We had our very own bubble hibiscus!

7 comments:

  1. We used to do that when we were kids too sis! :) We will use pa nga the walis tingting..I mean kukuha kami isang piraso non then yung dulo na malabot itatali namin then yun yung idi-dip namin sa bubble and hihipan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kami naman wire na manipis? My mom used to make bouquets for weddings, uso pa nun orchids as bouquests. Then we will shape it na pacircle then dip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to make our own bubbles too! Pero most of the time, we squeeze this flower on water then pretend we're making a juice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wala ng gumagawa ng bubbles ngayon no? Yung gawa sa gumamela? O sumisipsip ng nectar ng santan? O naglalaro ng patintero.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natry ko yung sa santan! haha nacurious ako nung bata ako at matamis nga sya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wala na nga ako nakikita sis Faith.. Na-try ko din yung sa Santan once pero Grade 5 na ko nung nalaman ko yun. Ginagawa kc namin necklace/bracelets yung santan non..Patintero fave ko na street game non. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ginawa ko rin gumamela bubbles, yung sa santan & iba iba pang kalokohan nung bata pa.. hahha kakamiss

    ReplyDelete